June 04, 2009

5x4 Magic!


So I have a Linhof 5x4" View camera I use for all my landscape work, and it has a Schneider 90mm super angulon (a beautiful piece of glass!). I hate that I have to shoot film through it, so I have tried to "convert" it to digital by using my 5D mkII and shooting the back of the ground-glass of the linhof. Make sense?


Anyway I was playing with it last night in my studio and was getting this kind of result (the hot pic of me above) . . .
Its not perfect or pin sharp, but it sure adds a lot more character to the image than shooting straight digital. The 5x4" format adds so much more depth, I love it, so i will keep trying to modify this thing and get some better results.

Plus the ground-glass has all these scummy marks on it which looks cool, the only post processing I did was add some contrast and sharpening. The rest was all "in camera/s" . . . . . .


1 comments:

cath June 5, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

that is frikken awesome.
i can be your test rat!